Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums

Contact us


Click the RefNo to see other items in this collection

Level Collection
RefNo EX.NC
Title HM Customs and Excise, Newcastle Customs House
AdminHistory Until 1848 Newcastle was the only Customs House on the River Tyne, after which a separate Customs House was established for Shields and Blyth, located at South Shields.
Date 1786 - 1931
RelatedMaterial For records for Shields, and North Shields and Blyth see EX.NS, and for South Shields see EX.NS and EX.SS

Powered by DServe